New Project ChildSafe Website Offers Tools to Encourage Firearm Safety in the Home
Our friends at the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) have launched a new Project ChildSafe website as part of its “S.A.F.E. Summer” campaign. The new site, and the campaign, are designed to focus attention on the importance of safe and responsible firearm storage, to reinforce that anyone who is going to own a firearm should respect it and secure it, and to provide educational resources that can help prevent firearm accidents and misuse.
The enhanced site at www.projectchildsafe.org features several new interactive tools to help educate visitors on how to properly store firearms when not in use. Visitors can also make a commitment to be a responsible gun owner. Examples of these new tools include:
● An interactive quiz to help owners determine how safely their firearms are stored
● An online pledge to practice and encourage responsible firearm ownership, shareable on social media
● A new infographic designed to help firearm owners choose a safe storage option based on their lifestyle and needs
● Links to information on where to get a Firearm Safety Kit in their area
● Tools for law enforcement agencies looking to partner with Project ChildSafe in distributing firearms safety kits and encouraging firearm safety